Monday, November 24, 2014

Custom Orders and Changes

I have been really busy lately working on tests for other designers and custom orders for customers. I'm also busily writing new patterns to get to my testers. I'm super excited about a few of my new designs and can't wait until I get to share them with all of y'all!

One of the recent custom orders that I had was for a pair of toddler button boots. I decided to use Mon Petit Violon's pattern for Toddler Ankle Boots (click to go to Ravelry listing of pattern). I loved this pattern so much that I also bought the Baby Ankle Boots and can't wait to make more of these! It is well written and very easy to follow. I made the 12 month size and used Caron Simply Soft in Taupe. This colorway is one of my new favorites. I absolutely LOVE the way it looks.


For the same customer, I also made these darling Mommy and Me Wrapped Headbands. She sent me a picture of what she wanted and because it was such a simple item, I didn't use a pattern for these and just did my own thing. Caron Simply Soft in White and my size 7 hook worked great for these. I made the one for the little girl narrower than the one for mom, but these are just half double crochet with the short ends slip stitched together. I wrapped the yarn around the seam to hide it and create a nice finish.


I have decided to make a few changes with what I am doing. I will have some Ready to Ship items still as I make things as I test for other designers, work out my own designs or just find a pattern I want to make, but for the most part, I am going to only do custom orders and focus on my pattern writing. I am no longer going to be in the local shop where I am a vendor as of the end of this month. I needed to shift my priorities and do what was best for me and for my family. It was not an easy decision for me to make. 

I am looking forward to what is ahead and hope that you will come along for the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment