Thursday, November 13, 2014

Meet My Testers: Sweet Potato Crochet Creations

Hello, everyone! I'm so happy to introduce myself to you all.

My name is Carol Rupprecht, and I'm a stay at home mommy to 2 crazy boys: my toddler who is one
(crawling since 5 months, walking since 9. Gosh,he's a handful.), and my husband who is a child at heart. I've only been crocheting for a little less than 2 years and I can't believe how far I've come since I started.

I didn't have the luxury of being taught by my grandma or any relative like so many of my awesome fellow crocheters, so I looked to YouTube, and for awhile, YouTube and I had a very exclusive relationship with one another. I used it to learn most of my basic stitches and how to make my very first set of baby booties. The booties were actually my reason for wanting to learn how to crochet. I had a little kicker growing in my tummy, and I wanted to make so many cool things for him to wear! However, as a newbie just learning, I didn't understand gauge and the reason for using the correct hook size. I think I was trying to use a G hook for everything??

I'm so glad those days have passed and I'm much better at what I do now! In December of last year, my husband convinced me to start my own business since I got so good at crocheting, so I did. It's going pretty well so far! Sometimes it's slow, but when that happens I get into this crazy pattern testing mode and offer to help out some designers...this happens even if I'm busy. Who am I kidding?! Leah knows this too well! I have a slight addiction to testing patterns. I just enjoy helping out others to make their pattern successful :)

I'm even trying to get into designing myself and am working on a cute little hat right now. I'll give you guys one hint (RAWR!). I'd love for you guys to check out my page, Sweet Potato Crochet Creations and see some of the beautiful crochet items that I make. You'll get to see some pretty cute pictures of this darling little blonde girl with dimples. She's also my sister-in-law and my photographer most times when I need pictures of myself! She's the most cooperative and awesome little model/photographer ever! I also have an Etsy page, but it's pretty bare right now. I'll have more items added hopefully soon!

Well, I think I'm going to go back to crocheting. I'm pretty positive I'm starting to get the first stages of withdraw, and we wouldn't want that to happen! ;) Thanks for reading about me and my crochet journey so far.

HAPPY HOOKING!

No comments:

Post a Comment