Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Meet My Testers: Jess of DiPaul's Designs

It's my privilege to once again introduce y'all to one of my testers: Jess of DiPaul's Designs! I "met" Jess on my business page when she applied to be a tester for me. A mutual love of The Doctor drew us together and quickly made us friends! I feel like I know her even though we have never met "in real life".










Hi, I'm Jess! I'm 27 years old and live with my boyfriend on the other side of the state from my family. A whopping 4.5 hours away.

How did you learn to crochet?

My mom taught me to crochet after I asked her if she would. Her mom (my nanny) taught her. And my greatgrandmom (who we all called butterscotch grandmom because those were the only candies she ever had) taught my nanny. I can only assume it keeps going back. What I find interesting is that we're all the first born daughter. I plan to keep that going one day.

What inspired you to start crocheting?

I was home on Christmas break my freshman year of college, bored because my three siblings were still in school. I grew up using blankets from the ladies in my life and one night asked my mom to teach me. The next day we went shopping for yarn and a hook :) that was December 2006.

How long have you been crocheting?

Doing the math that means I've been crocheting for 8 years now. Wow!

What is your favorite thing to crochet?

My favorite things to crochet are amigurumi and blankets.

What is your favorite thing about testing?

My favorite thing about testing is just that, testing. I like helping others see their creations come to life.

Favorite designers?

Favorite designers? That's a toughie. Do I look like a suck-up if I say you? Haha! I also really love Allison Hoffman of Crafty Is Cool.

What are some things you want to try and haven't yet in crochet?

The one thing I really want to try to crochet and haven't is clothes. The closest I've gotten is baby booties/socks. I've just been nervous to do anything bigger.

Least favorite thing to crochet?

Speaking of baby booties they're one of my least favorite things to crochet. And the sewing/attachment of limbs to bodies. Worst. Thing. Ever.

Anything else?

I've made two of my own designs! An amigurumi lizard and a Skyrim themed helmet. I'm happy with them. And I'm slowly working on a 300 Leonidas themed Spartan helmet.

Thanks to Jess for answering my questions! Besides her Facebook page, you can also find her at her blog. I can't wait to see what else she does as she explores the world of designing and she does fantastic work.

If you would be interested in testing for me, you can fill out my tester application HERE.

No comments:

Post a Comment